For the ERC-funded research project ‘Design for Changing Values’ I built a site featuring project news and events, the research team and the different research lines that are part of the project. For each research line there is the possibility to display related publications, and the researchers’ profiles link to Google Scholar, Academia and ResearchGate where applicable. A signup form for the project’s mailing list is included in the footer.
Jeroen van den Hoven wanted a site with white text on a dark background, with a clean and simple design. With respect to content, one wish was a place to feature past and upcoming speaking engagements.
For Govert Buijs it was among others important to have separate pages for each of his research themes. As for the design: what appealed to him was a site where full-width background pictures accompany the page titles.
I developed the Moral Markets platform as one of the valorisation activities of a research project on the same topic, and I am still responsible for site maintenance and content management. The site makes extensive use of ‘curated content’, so links to hand-picked articles and information elsewhere on the web. However, I also create original content, such as ‘book interviews’ with researchers in the project.
I became responsible for the site of the DDfV Institute after it had been designed and built by another agency. I added crucial functionalities (such as an event calendar and filterable member page), designed various pages (such as the home page) and developed new content (such as the text introducing design for values). I continue to be responsible for site maintenance and content management.
The ERGO Network organizes events where academics and practitioners with an interest in theology, philosophy, economics and management sciences meet to exchange ideas and insights. They wanted a website which would allow them to share event details, as well as related news and background reading materials. After the site was launched, I remained responsible for managing its content until a more permanent content manager was found.
While serving as ad-interim assistant director of the Dutch Research School of Philosophy, I made various smaller and larger improvements to the site, including embedding relevant social media & blog feeds at certain places, adding sharing buttons, a modernization and extension of the home page, and a new menu structure to make room for new content resulting from new initiatives.
For the launch Platform Responsible Innovation of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) I wrote descriptions of the projects funded up until that moment. I based my descriptions on the progress/final reports sent to NWO by the researchers, as well as additional sources like publications and media appearances.
This is a site I worked on while coordinating the start-up phase of the John Stuart Mill College. I found an existing theme that had most functionalities that we wanted – such as the possibility to display a filterable course list. I then worked with a web designer / developer to tailor it further to the needs of the college, meanwhile also developing the contents. This website is no longer online, but has recently been replaced by generic university pages on the study program offered by the college.
While I was on the executive council of the HDCA I chaired a committee that defined the requirements for a new website for the association. I was then responsible for getting quotes and in the lead in working with the web designer/developer that we selected to create the new site.